So now that I am currently a second semester freshman in college, I would like to think that I know the ins and outs of where I live. So here are some of the best (and not so great) things about college and my school.
The Good Things:
- It’s easy to make friends – one thing I found out fast at school is how easy it is to make friends. Your classes are constantly changing so it gives you the ability to make new friends.
- There are endless opportunities – Personally, I am constantly getting emails from my school with different opportunities for me to take part in. Check them out! Who knows what they might lead to.
- Non stop activities to participate in – There are an endless amount of work out classes and club activities that everyone can take part in. I enjoy doing it and maybe you will to!
- You can finally get away from home – This kind of speaks for itself.
- It teaches you how to be independent – This is a major thing that I noticed. As soon as school started I realized that I was on my own. I had to take care of myself, I didn’t have mom and dad making sure I was safe. I think it’s kind of cool though, to be able to do things on your own.
The Not so Good:
- It’s hard to keep your dorm room clean – the rooms are pretty small so the tiniest of dirt or mess and it looks like a hurricane went through.
- You will get into fights with your roommate/roommates – it’s ok to fight, just be patient and talk everything out.
- You are going to miss home – this is natural, but after a while, if you found the right school, you will begin to think of it as your home.
- The food is horrible – It is something that will take time adjusting to. A lot of people think they won’t miss their parents home cooked meals, but trust me, you will.
- Everyone is constantly getting sick – There are so many germs flying around people are constantly getting sick, it’s horrible. Just be sure to pack a lot of medicine and immune boosters!