Happy November everyone! This is a super exciting month for me because of a few things. My senior day is this Saturday, my 18th birthday (!!) is on the 11th, and of course because I love Thanksgiving. Who doesn’t love the opportunity to be surrounded by loved ones and stuff our faces with good food? We can regret how much we ate later.
This year, my friends and I are going to be having our first “Friendsgiving” together. If you don’t know what that is, it’s basically where you have a Thanksgiving dinner with all of your friends, and each person brings a dish. This can be slightly overwhelming for the first time, so here are some of the unspoken rules of Friendsgiving.
- Host makes the turkey, and therefore makes the gravy to go along with it
- The host doesn’t make anything else because they’re hosting and setting up
- Coordinate who is bringing what and make sure you have enough of everything
- The most reliable person should be assigned the appetizer snacks (assign this to someone who gets there early so everyone can snack while everything is heating up!)
- There has to be at least one kind of potato (everyone loves potatoes!)
- Stuffing isn’t optional – the more the better
- Canned cranberry sauce is totally acceptable because let’s be honest, who has time to make it from scratch?? Not me.
- Deserts are like good friends – the more the better
- Host sets the table
- Everyone should bring at least one kind of drink
- Leave someone with good music taste in charge of the playlist (arguably the most important part)
If you decide to host your own Friendsgiving, you can find so many cute ideas on Pinterest! Send us your pictures if you do – we’d love to see them!