Top 3 Books for Young Adults
- The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
- Thirteen- year-old Charlotte Doyle is excited to return home from her school in England to her family in Rhode Island in the summer of 1832. But when the two families she was supposed to travel with mysteriously cancel their trips, Charlotte finds herself the lone passenger on a long sea voyage with a cruel captain and a mutinous crew. Worse yet Charlotte gains a villainous enemy and is put on trial for murder!
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- Set at a boy’s boarding school in New England during the early year of World War II, this novel is a harrowing and luminous parable of the dark side of adolescence. Gene is a lonely, introverted intellectual. Phineas is a handsome, taunting, daredevil athlete. What happens between the two friends one summer, like the war itself, banishes the innocence of these boys and their world.
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers
- Tells the story of Steve Harmon, a teenage boy in juvenile detention and on trial. Presented as a screenplay of Steve’s own imagination, and peppered with journal entries, the book shows how one single decision can change our whole lives.
Top 3 Songs
- Closer by The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
- Heathens by Twenty One Pilots
- Cold Water by Major Lazer Featuring Justin Bieber and MO