With the school year coming to a close, I’m more focused on taking good notes than ever. I know that I’ll have to start studying for finals soon, and that means I’m going to be super stressed and overwhelmed. Here are some helpful tips I found from Pinterest along with my own personal suggestions!
- Use different colors – This is really helpful when separating different sections of your notes
- Try different fonts – If you’re writing, try to use different styles of writing. If you’re typing, use different fonts and bullet points!
- WRITE – You know how everyone says that you remember things better when you write them and how annoying that is? Well it’s true. Writing does help you remember what you learn better than typing notes does
- Rewrite your notes later – When studying for a test, I find it helpful to rewrite my notes and organize them in a way that makes sense to me and that’s easy to follow
- Be brief – Only write down what’s important! If you race to get everything down, you might miss the most important parts
- Ask questions – If you don’t understand something, make sure you get clarification! This is the most important tip. If you don’t understand the topic when you’re writing it down, chances are you won’t understand when it comes time to take the test either
Good luck and happy note taking!